1. Information We Collect
Generally. We collect personal information from our users in order to provide you with a personalized, useful and efficient experience. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Information you provide. You can browse our site without providing personal information, but you must register in order to access most of the features of Service. We ask for certain information such as your username, first name, email address, birth date and password when you create a Wishfinity account, or if you correspond with us. Depending on your Settings, some of this personal information may be displayed on your public profile and viewable to others on the Service. We may also collect payment information in connection with a transaction on the Service and shipping information when you are ready to ship a goodie.
- Messages and User Content. After you set up your account, Wishfinity members may also chose to provide additional information which may be shared with others on the Service or through your public profile, such as your name, age, location, photograph and other information relating to your wishes or your use of the Service. We may retain any messages you send through the Service and information you post to the Service.
- Information we receive from social networking sites. When you interact with our site through various social media, such as when you login or share through Facebook or other social media platforms, we may receive information from the social network including your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, date of birth, language, country, friends list, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to our website or Service.
- Information about others. With your permission, Wishfinity may access various contact lists you make available to us (e.g., via your mobile device) in order to invite your friends and contacts to connect with our Service. We may also collect information about others if you use our Service to upload, share, and/or distribute User Content that contains information about others, including their name, image and online contact information.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages and push notifications, and permit you to share your activities on the Service with your contacts or with social media sites. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). For more information about your communication preferences, see "Your Choices Regarding Your Information" below.
We automatically collect certain types of usage information when you visit our website or use our Service. When you visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and lets us help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie may also convey information to us about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service), and allow us to track your usage of the Service over time. We may collect log file information from your browser or mobile device each time you access the Service. Log file information may include anonymous information such as your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, information about your mobile device, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons) which are used to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our Users. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit, your use of third party applications, and other information that assists us in analyzing and improving the Service. We may receive reports from third party analytics providers, which we may combine with the personal data we collect from you directly.
When you access our Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device ("Device ID"), mobile carrier, device type and manufacturer, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
We use or may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service. We do not permit third party behavioral advertising on our site.
2. Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see "Your Choices Regarding Your Information".
We may also share your personal information with:
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership as Wishfinity, which also includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third party vendors, consultants and other service providers that perform services on our behalf or in order to carry out their work for us, which may include payment processing, content or service fulfillment, or providing analytics services;
- Third parties at your request. Depending on your Settings, any information or content that you voluntarily post to the Service becomes available to your contacts on the Service and/or to other Wishfinity members. Additionally, you may have the option to share your Wishfinity activities with your friends, or through email, SMS text, or various social media sites;
- Other parties in connection with any company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings. Your information, including user names and email addresses, User Content, and other user information may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions and
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
3. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- Account data. You can edit and change your profile and account data through "Settings" to control whether your profile can be seen by other Wishfinity members or by the general public.
- Marketing Communications. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, you can click the "unsubscribe" button on promotional email communications. Note that you are not permitted to unsubscribe or opt-out of non-promotional messages regarding your account, such as account verification, password requests, order confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, or technical and security notices.
- Deleting or Anonymizing Your Content: If you are under 18 years of age, you may request that the User Content that you posted to the Service be deleted or anonymized such that your personal information will not be identifiable publicly on our Service by contacting us. While we will use all commercially reasonable efforts to delete or anonymize your User Content upon request, please be aware that due to the social nature of our Service, you may not be able to completely remove all of your personally identifiable User Content if, for example, that content has been stored, republished, or reposted by another user or a third party. We may also maintain your information in identifiable form for our internal use, even if your personal data is no longer visible to the public on our Service.
- Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Service. If your account becomes inactive, we will maintain your personal information in the event you wish to re-engage our Service. Please contact us if you wish to delete your account. Please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with others or with social media sites.
4. Security and Storage of Information
Wishfinity cares about the security of your information and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
5. Persons Under the Age of 13
6. Links to Third-party Websites
The Service may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
8. Contacting Us
If you have questions about this Policy, please email us or by write to us at: JOYN Corporation, 120 Spring St., Pleasanton, CA 94566.
9. Last Revision Date
Wishfinity's Kids' Policy
Personal Information we collect from kids under 13
When a user creates a Wishfinity account, we ask for username, first name, gender, email address, password and a birth date. If we determine the child is under 13 (a "kid"), we will ask for a parent's name and email address so that we can notify the parent that the kid has created an account at Wishfinity and seek the parent's consent to allow the kid's participation. If the parent provides consent, we may collect additional information from the kid, including a profile avatar, which could include a photograph, a shipping address, as well as the goodie and the wish the child hopes to fulfill. The information we collect from kids may be directly linked to their actions on the Service, such as their self-reported wish fulfillment actions or when they send us a message.
Information collected through cookies and other technology.
How we use and share information collected from kids
We use this information to operate, maintain and provide the functionality of the Service and to communicate with the kid and the parent about activities on the Service. We may also send Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Registered users cannot opt-out of Service related emails. When a kid under 13 creates a Wishfinity account, we use the parent's email address to notify the parent of the kid's registration (see "How we notify parents of the data collection" below).
Our Service generally permits users to connect with other on the Service and to share information with others. Members under 13 have restricted sharing capabilities, though a kid under 13 may be permitted to share information in the following manner:
- Kids will share information automatically with a parent on the Service.
- Parent may identify certain registered users (i.e., grandparents, teachers, or friends) with whom the kid may also share information on the Service. The parent can control this sharing through the parent dashboard.
- Kid may share information from the Service via email or SMS text, such as an invitation to a third party to join the Service. The Kid's account will not be shared with another user unless the parent approves this sharing through the settings feature of the parent dashboard.
- Kids under 13 may share information about their use of the Service with third party social networks. The parent can control this sharing through the parent dashboard.
- Kids under 13 are not permitted to share their information publicly on the Service.
In addition, we may share a kid's personal information with:
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership as Wishfinity, which includes our subsidiaries (i.e., any organization we own or control) or our ultimate holding company (i.e., any organization that owns or controls us) and any subsidiaries it owns. These companies will use the personal information in the same way as we can under this Policy;
- Third party vendors, consultants, contractors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, in order to carry out their work for us, which may include content or service fulfillment, accounting, or providing analytics services;
We may also share information with others in an aggregated and anonymous form that does not reasonably identify any user, including our kid users, directly as an individual.
We do not permit interest based advertising on our site.
How we notify parents of the data collection
We send parents an email when their kid creates an account at Wishfinity and ask the parent to register with the Service and provide consent for the kid to use the Service. If the parent refuses to allow the kid's registration, we delete the kid's information from our databases. The kid will not be permitted to engage in the core functionality of the Service unless and until we receive verifiable parental consent to engage in such activity. The parent may provide verifiable parental consent by supplying a credit card or debit card in association with a payment to the Service for WishBits (funds displayed in the Service's "Wallet"). At that time, the kid will be able to participate in the Service as permitted by the parental controls set in the Parent Dashboard.
How parents can access, change or delete information collected from their kids
A registered user can modify personal data or delete a Wishfinity account at any time by visiting the "Settings" page. A parent user that has provided verifiable parental consent has full access to the kid's account through the Parent Dashboard, and may view, modify, and consent to the collection and use of the kid's personal information.
A parent or child may contact us at any time by emailing us or by contacting us at the address below to review, change, and/or delete any information we have collected from a kid under 13 as well as to disallow any further collection or use of the child's information.